Action Alert: Please Sign Petition by US Kids Asking Crayola to Set Up a Recycling Program

Every year, Crayola makes about half a billion markers -- enough markers to wrap around the earth more than three times! -- and sells them all around the world. Millions of kids use and love Crayola products -- including the students at Sun Valley School, where I volunteer. That's why we're asking Crayola to make sure these markers don't end up in our landfills, incinerators and oceans.

“I love your markers, but I’d like to tell you it’s polluting. So can I please send some of your markers back? I love your product, but hate pollution," Zachary, age 9.


Around the world, people are starting to realize the massive problem of discarded plastics. It's not only a waste of resources -- it is detrimental to our wellbeing. Plastics, which escape into the ocean, are entering our food chain as they are weathered and broken down into smaller and smaller pieces. By establishing a take-back program for their plastic markers, Crayola can stop millions of markers from becoming pollution and waste.


“I want to let you know that I am not a useless little kid. I can make a difference! By telling you to recycle your pens," Dante, age 10.


”Will we ever be able to fix the hole in the ozone layer? I don’t like pollution because it hurts the Earth," Georgia, age 7.


“If we all came from the Earth… Then why are we hurting it so much? Earth is all we have left," Olivia, age 11.


We want Crayola to "make their mark" by starting a “take-back” recycling program for their markers.
If Crayola can do it, we know other companies will follow. Crayola can be a leader for the environment.


Sincerely,

Mr. Land and his “Kids Who Care” from Sun Valley School

Slide show about this petition:




 

Comments